For those who already have a little model-making experience the Rare Bird offers a quality and immensely satisfying build due in no small part to its crisp laser-cut components, accurate full-size plan and lightweight wood selection. Sporting traditional tissue covering, a hook and line tow system and a banded wings this gentle flyer offers all the challenges and rewards of stick ‘n’ tissue aeromodelling. It get’s better though! Experienced modellers with a trained eye will already have realised the potential for the Rare Bird to be converted to simple single-channel radio control, or even two-channel with a motor pod. The possibilities for this kit are limited only by your imagination and your skill. The Rare Bird, then, a comfortable build for the relative beginner or an exciting challenge for the experienced radio flyer.
- Wingspan (mm): 900
- Length (mm): 685
- Power source: Towline
- Construction: Balsa & tissue
Needed to complete
- Glue (balsa cement, PVA or cyano), clear dope and thinn
- Outstanding flying characteristics.
- Offers the full Stick ‘n’ tissue build experience.
- Everything included except glue, clear dope and thinners.
- Accurate laser cut balsa parts help speed assembly.
- Banded wing and tailplane system.
- Traditional lightweight tissue covering.
- Can be converted to radio control.