- First high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet with SAFE Select technology
- The best choice for a first EDF jet model because it’s easy to take off, fly and land
- A scale jet model with incredibly smooth sport airplane handling and amazing aerobatic capability
- 12-blade 70mm fan delivers excellent top speed and vertical performance plus turbine-like sound
- Factory-installed high-power 6S compatible brushless motor and 70-amp ESC
- Functional and installed flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings plus improved slow-flight performance
- Fast and precise factory-installed digital, metal-geared servos with ball-link equipped linkages
- Steerable nose wheel and electric retracts with sprung wire struts for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Spektrum™ 6-channel receiver with industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly and land with optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- Unmatched stability and precision of AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance
- No glue required for assembly and can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery
- Large and convenient top hatch with clear canopy, cockpit detail and pilot figure
- Strong and easy to install/remove one-piece composite reinforced wing
- Lightweight yet strong and durable EPO construction
- Unique and highly-visible trim scheme by Aircraft Studio Design
Needed to Complete
- Full-range, 6-7+ channel transmitter with DSMX®/DSM2® technology
- 6S 22.2V 3200–4000mAh 30+C LiPo with EC5 connector
- Suitable LiPo charger
What’s in the box?
- (1) E-flite Viper 70mm EDF BNF Basic
- (1) Spektrum AR636 6-Channel Receiver
- (8) Digital, Metal-Geared Servos
- (1) 70A Brushless ESC
- (1) Brushless Motor
- (1) User Manual
Bind-N-Fly Completion Level Advantage
This Bind-N-Fly® Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum® AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) receiver that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence. The result is a sense of stability and precision that makes you feel like you’re flying a larger and expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first high-performance jet, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:
Pitch and Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs and landings.
Easy Switch Assignment—No Programming Required
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn’t require any programming and takes just a few seconds.
If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.
|Wingspan||43.3 in (1100mm)|
|Minimum Required Radio||6+ Channel|
|Product Length||40.4 in (1025mm)|
|Recommended Motor Battery||6S 22.2V 3200-4000mAh with EC5 connector|
|Fan Size||70mm EDF|
|Completion Level||Bind-N-Fly Basic|
|Approximate Flight Time||4+ min|
|CG (Center of Gravity)||75-85mm back from LE or wing @ root|
|Approximate Assembly Time||Less than 1 Hour|